Social Security Disability, Workers Compensation, Disability and Medical Disputes
Born in Idaho, and after some extensive childhood travels with his family, Art spent his formative years in Prescott, Arizona. He graduated from Whitman College in 1978 where he focused on literature, politics and theatre, and later studied comparative literature at USC where he was a graduate teaching assistant in French. He received his law degree from The Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College in 1984.
Art started his legal career as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Oregon’s Insurance Fund (SAIF). This experience led Art to change hats and go into private practice representing injured and disabled individuals who have an uphill fight against the well-funded insurance industry. Art has represented hundreds of Oregonians whose claims have been denied or improperly processed. He has extensive litigation and appellate experience with the agencies and the courts where these matters are resolved.
Art has the highest possible Peer Review Rating in legal ability and ethical standards awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, publisher of the oldest legal directory in the country, and has enjoyed this status for over 20 years. In 2010, he was honored by the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association with the Doug Swanson Award of Excellence. Art has enjoyed teaching and lecturing in his areas of specialty at numerous conferences around the country.
Art has handled many kinds of cases over the years: head and brain trauma, toxic exposures, orthopedic injuries (such as spine, knee, hip, shoulder, ankle, tib/fib fractures and post- traumatic arthritis), paralysis, psychological injuries including PTSD, chemical exposures, psychological disorders, neurological and neuromuscular diseases, fire and chemical burns, occupational diseases and injuries, idiopathic falls, complex regional pain syndromes, compartment syndromes, reflex sympathetic dystrophy, stress disorders, heart attacks and cardiac disease, neoplastic diseases and cancers, genetic diseases, and childhood disabilities and diseases. He is passionate about resolving legal/medical disputes for his clients.
- Social Security Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Head and Brain Trauma
- Toxic Exposures
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Psychological Injuries
- Psychological Disorders
- Neurological and Neuromuscular Diseases
- Chemical Exposures
- Fire and Chemical Burns
- Occupational Diseases and Injuries
- Idiopathic Falls
- Stress Disorders
- Neoplastic Diseases and Cancers
- Genetic Diseases and Childhood Disabilities
- Injury and Diseases of the Eyes
- Oregon State Bar
Certifications and Membership
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- Oregon Workers’ Compensation Attorneys (OWCA
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives (NOSSCR)
- All Oregon State Courts
- Federal District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America.
- WHITMAN COLLEGE – 1978
- Art attended school in France before receiving his undergraduate degree from Whitman College in 1978.
- NORTHWESTERN SCHOOL OF LAW AT LEWIS AND CLARK COLLEGE – 1984
- Following a stint as a teaching assistant at the University of Southern California, Art received his law degree from The Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College in 1984.
Arthur W. Stevens III received the 10 Best Attorneys Award For Exceptional and Outstanding Service Client Satisfaction from the American Institute of Legal Counsel 10 Best Workers’ Compensation Attorney – Oregon
Arthur W. Stevens III received the AV Preeminent® Rating the highest level of professional excellence for legal expertise and ethical standards, one of the most distinguished awards an attorney can receive.